One of my favorite lines from a Buffett song resonates with me more and more each year: “Wrinkles go where the smiles have been!” It’s a good reminder that thus far I’ve been blessed with A LOT to smile about.
- RT @EmmaFrostLondon: THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, Attorney General Loretta Lynch: Take Over The Investigation ... http://t.co/A… 2 years ago
- RT @dodo: .@Walmart makes big changes for the good of farm animals 😃 thedo.do/1F6gWXH http://t.co/E0JOIONqmL 2 years ago
- RT @matthieu_ricard: 7 #Science-Backed Reasons Why #Generosity Is Good For Your #Health huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/01/gen… #altruism 2 years ago
- 6 Foods That Can Make You Happier flip.it/oEQts 2 years ago
- RT @LionsRoarOnline: California court rules yoga in schools is not covert Buddhist or Hindu indoctrination. reviewjournal.com/life/religion/… 2 years ago
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
-George Bernard Shaw
"Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world."
"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome."
-Booker T. Washington
"I base most of my fashion sense on what doesn't itch."
"If your path has no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
"Without strategy, execution is aimless. Without execution, strategy is useless."
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
"Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts."
“Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.”
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
-Sir Winston Churchhill
"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response.
In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
-Viktor E. Frankl
"There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time!"
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
-John Quincy Adams