Last fall, some yahoo stole my bike out of the garage. So, I’ve been pricing new ones lately. I fell in love with the Electra Amsterdam but not with the price tag! Even though it’s not uncommon in Colorado for your bike to cost more than your car, I’m not buying into it.
Luckily, I came across this used beauty, added a basket and bell and voila! For less than $150 I’m a kid again! Considering I can bike to the doctor, grocery store, church, Jack’s office and some of our favorite dining spots, I think I’ll get my money’s worth.
- Small businesses turning to pedal power (theglobeandmail.com)
- A Long Explanation of Why the Biking-While-Sexy Story Is No Hoax (streetsblog.org)
- Bike-friendly cities (CNN) (angfranca.wordpress.com)
- From friendly southern Wyoming into Colorful Colorado (pedalantics.wordpress.com)
- Season of Biker Chic (online.wsj.com)